Message from Seller -
Department Animal, Dairy & Veterinary Sciences (ADVS)
The Animal Dairy and Veterinary Sciences department is accepting applications for a lecturer position to teach Equine Business Management, Equine Evaluation, Beginning Riding, and Special Topics. Additional duties will include Internship Coordinator for Equine Program, Auction Coordinator for USU’s horse auction, and coaching the USU English Equestrian Team. Applicant must be able to teach in a wide variety of weather conditions, lift 75lbs, and stand continuously for six hours or more.
1. Teach Equine Classes
2. Coordinate Equine Internship Program
3. Organize and run USU Equine Auction
4. Interact with students in all aspects of equine management
5. Coach USU English Equestrian Team
6. Assist Faculty with labs/classes as requested
7. Assist manager as needed with horse and facility care
1. B.S. degree in Equine Science, Animal Science, Business, or relevant field
2. 3 years industry experience
3. Knowledge and ability to teach business management practices (Taxes, law, accounting, marketing, risk management, etc.)
4. Experience teaching foundation skills of English and Western disciplines to beginning level riders
5. Strong interpersonal skills with networking experience
6. Ability to communicate effectively to volunteers, students, donors, community members, co-workers and superiors
8. Willingness to work and travel weekends, holidays, and summer as required
9. Ability to ride, train, and school a wide variety of horses (English, Western, Colts, etc.).
10. Basic competency in Microsoft office or related programs
11. Ability to lift 75lbs and stand for up to 6 hours.
12. Comfortable working in all weather conditions
1. M.S. Equine Science, Animal Science, Business or relevant field
2. Experience in English Equitation competition within a professional organization such as; USEF, USHJA, AQHA, APHA, IHSA, or other relevant association.
3. University or curriculum development experience
4. Event planning experience
Review Date 08-21-2014
Position Close Date Open Until Filled
Salary $40,000 plus excellent benefits
See jobs.usu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=60393 for more information and to apply online.
Requisition Number 054717
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Utah State University is an AA/EO Employer and encourages gender and ethnic diversity.
Apply Here: Click2Apply.net/h765bm6