With so many riding programs in the area, it can be difficult to determine exactly which one is just right for you or your child. A majority of riding lessons are just that; equitation lessons teaching students how to “sit pretty” on a seasoned lesson horse. What I teach is a more comprehensive understanding of all aspects of horsemanship as a part of riding lessons. Topics covered include:
- Horse psychology,
- Equine behavior and learning,
- Equine care and first aid, and
- Stable management.
Lessons are one-on-one instruction customized for you based on your experience and goals. Students will learn:
- Principles of horsemanship and horse psychology which are foundational to all riding disciplines,
- How to break down movements into their building blocks in order to assess holes in training when needing to troubleshoot specific issues;
- To identify differences in behaviors and learning needs between horses, and adjust training techniques accordingly; and
- How riding correctly allows the horse to move correctly.
This is by no means an all-inclusive list. Lessons can be purchased either individually or as a package for a discount. I offer lessons at my private facility or I can travel to your facility, in which case a travel fee may apply.
Contact me today at or to schedule your first lesson.