The creation of the Chincoteague Pony Rescue was to establish a safe environment with special care and rehabilitation for neglected, abandoned and abused Chincoteague Ponies.
The Chincoteague Pony Rescue is a non-profit organization 501-(C)3 made up of volunteers who provide quality care and treatment of the ponies through intervention, education, proper placement into forever homes and to prevent over breeding.
* To provide transportation, establish a peaceful and loving environment with quality care for abused, abandoned and neglected Chincoteague Ponies.
* To promote public awareness and education about the breed and the prevalence of abuse and neglect.
* To research and ensure proper placement in a forever home with a loving and caring environment through adoption.
* To keep our sponsors and supporters informed of progressive updates and informative interests of the Chincoteague Pony Rescue through press releases, websites, emails and other forms of media.
* To involve the community through private and corporate sponsorships and tax deductible donations.