Meadow Haven Horse Rescue(MHHR) is a 501 (C)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing emergency relief, shelter, care, rehabilitation, and adoption services for abused, neglected, abandoned and unwanted horses. MHHR provides community resources through equine education, counseling, information and referral services.
- Assistance to the local sheriff's department for cruelty and abandonment cases
- A safe haven for all who enter, and an alternative to auction or slaughter.
- Shelter, rehabilitation, and behavioral training.
- A home to horses surrendered by owners who are no longer able to provide adequate care for them.
- Adoption services with applicant screening.
- A painless end for those, due to illness or injury, comfort can no longer be assured.
- Education and promotion of responsible ownership.
- Special programs for Girl and Boy Scouts and other youth organizations.
Here at Meadow Haven, we strive to find nurturing homes for adoptable animals in our care. Animals are not euthanized except in cases of terminal illness, unbearable pain and suffering, or dangerous and irreversible behavior problems. Horses are never sent to auction or slaughter just because they have lost their usefulness. This is why we look to like-minded individuals for financial assistance to continue our rescue efforts and also to help us rehabilitate horses for another chance at leading productive lives in the care of loving owners. It is only through private donations, foster care programs, community outreach and volunteered time that we are able to continue these goals.
Meadow Haven is dedicated to running a rehabilitation center and shelter with a no-kill philosophy. What makes us even more unique is that we have zero administration fees. All our donations go to the horses needs. None of the contributions will go to pay board members.